Before we can love our husbands, our kids, our friends, our neighbors, or even our enemies we need to know God and love God. It is from Him that we learn what love is to look like. It is from him we learn how love is to behave. It is from him that we learn to recognize love when it shown to us. “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” 1 John 4:8
It is through spending time in scripture that we get to know who God is. It is through the development of our relationship with him that we get know him. Once you commit your life to God have you continued to pursue Him? Or does your pursuit of God simply occur on a Sunday morning? Getting to know who God is, who he was, and who he will be, can not be fully achieved by hearing one man speak once a week for 15-30 minutes at a time. You need to fill your heart and your mind with His word. In the same way, we must nourish our bodies with good healthy food daily so we have energy to go complete our tasks, so must we nourish our souls daily. “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
As we get to know God we learn that we are called first to love him with all our being. (Luke 10:27) The question so often when faced with this though is what does this look like? Well in part it is talking(praying) and listening (reading scripture) to Him. Another facet of loving God is acting on that love, and stepping up answering the call he has set forth to believers. “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5: 13-16 In other words live in such a way that you are pointing others back to God in all that you do.
At the end of the day remember this: God loves you. God is the perfect example of unconditional love. No matter how much we love Him it will never be perfect. We will stumble. We will fall. At times we may even backslide in our walks with Him. God knows this. He is not surprised by our sinful and selfish nature. That is why he sent Jesus to die on the cross. So you wouldn’t have to pay the penalty for your sin. Jesus paid that penalty. All you need to do is accept Jesus. Have you? If not I would be more than happy to discuss this more with you. Just know that you do not need to earn God’s love. He loves us right where we are. That is not to say he doesn’t call us to live a life that would be honoring to him, because he does, instead I am saying as long as you are seeking him and putting him first in all you do then you are on the right path.
Join me next week as we take a look at things from the husband’s perspective, and reflect upon the verse, “However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.” Ephesians 5: 33 And if you missed last week’s post on love please go check out Fruit of the Spirit: Love -Introduction.
***Have you ever considered your walk with God to be a relationship of give and take? In what ways do you seek to develop your relationship with him?***
***If there is anything on your heart that you would like to share that I didn’t cover, please feel free to bring it up in the comments. I would love to be able to answer questions, even if only to say that is a good question I had never considered it and I don’t know. Either way know I am here for you and would love to hear your thoughts.***
Now I would also like to introduce The Bloggers Brag Pinterest Party. I have contributed to the Pinterest Party for a couple of weeks now. It has been a great opportunity for my blog to find new readers and for me to find helpful blogs on a variety of subjects. Last week my introduction post on love (for the fruit of the spirit) gathered the most clicks of any link shared. This gave me the opportunity this week to co-host. So with no further adieu I bring to you The Bloggers Brag Pinterest Party.
My post for Fruit of the Spirit: Love was the most clicked on the last Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party, and so that means that I am the
and the co-host for the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party this week! What that means for you is that you are able to link up this week here at [Sara] Under the Sun as well as at Creative K Kids and Denverista and A Life in Tune! Link up and tell your friends! The most clicked link will be the featured blogger next week as well as have the opportunity to be the co-host! You can go here to see my post about Love (Fruit of the Spirit)!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
LET’S GET OUR PARTY ON!
- Be a follower of your hosts and co-hosts.
Follow this week’s Co-hosts:
Pin our Pinterest party button or a visible link onto your sidebar, post, or party page. This will help others to find our party and will bring more visibility to your links!
- Please make sure that you link directly to your post’s URL and not to your blog’s URL.
- Pin the two links before yours! If EVERYONE pins, then everyone will get more Pinterest love!
- Link up a maximum of 3 links. They can be old or new–they’re all new to us, and we want to see them!
- OPTIONAL: Follow our Bloggers Brags Board on Pinterest. You don’t have to do this; but of course, you’ll want to! We will be pinning all of these links to that board which will also gain more exposure for you! You can find the Bloggers Brags board here.
Here are just a few more details!
- Whoever receives the most clicks from Monday through Thursday will be featured in the next Bloggers Brags post! Not only will they be featured, but they will be offered the optional opportunity to be a co-host for the week in which they are featured. Everyone that links up will be required to follow the co-host as well as the hosts; and in return, the co-host would be required to add the linky to their blog on the day the linky goes live. So tell your friends and followers to come link up and to visit your blog through your link!
- Disclosure: By linking up and including a picture, you agree to allow Creative K Kids and Denverista and any co-hosts to use your pictures and links in any future posts. Your photo may also be used for promotion on all social media outlets of Creative K Kids and Denverista as well as any future co-hosts. We also may link your printables and other resources up to our permanent linkys to gain you more exposure.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you’ve been featured, please grab the featured button below to add some brag to your sidebar!
- Please do not add any shops, reviews, giveaways or link-up parties. Links that do not comply may be removed.